LFJ is looking for a new Trustee with Legal Expertise to join our friendly and innovative Board.
This is an exciting time to be joining our Board of Trustees. We have been running successfully as a charity organisation for nearly 5 years and we are looking for a new Board member with legal expertise. We would particularly welcome women from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds to ensure our Board reflects the diverse groups we work with.
We are looking for a Trustee with legal expertise, with a recognised legal qualification and ability to scrutinise and probe partnership agreements, employment contracts and reports. This is a voluntary position with expenses covered by the charity.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your CV and a short cover letter outlining relevant skills/experience and why you want this role to Alex Baine (LFJ Director) at email@example.com. Or call Alex on: 07854 673 223 for further details.
DEADLINE for applications: Friday 27th April at 5pm.
The role of the trustee will cover the following key responsibilities:
- To ensure the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations.
- To ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in its governing document.
- To ensure the organisation uses its resources exclusively in pursuance of its objects.
- To contribute actively to the board of trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction to the organisation, setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- To safeguard the good name and values of the organisation.
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation.
- To review and approve relevant policies annually to ensure that they reflect changes inside and outside the organisation.
- To monitor the Director’s performance.
In addition we would like applicants to have:
- An understanding of working in a small/medium organisation
- An understanding of and sensitivity to the particular situation of a registered charity
- Commitment to the organisation
- Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- Ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak their mind
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of a trusteeship
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Through becoming a Trustee at London Football Journeys you will be able to:
- Put your skills and experience to use and make a lasting difference in our work of building positive relationships between diverse communities.
- Learn about the management and strategy side of charities by taking on a leadership role.
- With generally 4 compulsory annual meetings, it’s the perfect volunteering opportunity for busy people.
- Work with new and interesting people from diverse backgrounds.
- Enhance your CV and potentially open doors to new career opportunities.
In addition to attending 4 Board meetings a year and the Annual General Meeting it is essential to meet or communicate with the Director to go through legal procedures and reviews as and when they arise. These meetings or communications may arise 3 to 4 times a year depending on Football Journeys’ activities.